Breezand Vakanties - General conditions and provisions for rental and cancellation
- After receiving the confirmation of the booking that has been made, the tenant will pay the lessor an initial deposit as stated on the confirmation within 14 days. This advance is an initial payment against the rental sum and will therefore be deducted from the agreed final rental sum to be settled. The remaining amount for the rental will be paid by no later than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday.
- The final agreement between you and Breezand Vakanties will come into effect once you have paid the deposit.
- The lessor undertakes to hand over the holiday accommodation to the tenant at the agreed time, clean and tidy and in good condition.
- The tenant will not sub-let or allow third parties to use the holiday accommodation that is being rented, nor allow more people to stay overnight in it than agreed in this contract.
- The tenant will treat the holiday accommodation that is being rented with due care and attention as a good resident should, undertaking to reimburse all damage immediately that is caused by their negligence or actions to the holiday accommodation, the upholstery, the household goods or other damage. The same also applies to any part of the holiday accommodation, the upholstery or the household goods that goes missing. The tenant undertakes to hand to the holiday accommodation plus all its contents in a clean state when the rental period ends.
- Pets may only be brought in with prior written permission from the lessor at the applicable rate.
- The tenant will only use the accommodation that has been hired for holidays, and may in particular not carry out a profession or run a business from there. Camping at the holiday accommodation is not permitted.
- It is not allowed to sleep on the beds without sheets and pillowcases. In order to maintain the inventory, we feel compelled to make the rental of linen and towels, at least equal to the number of persons present, compulsory via the rental office from 1 January 2022 for the Beachhouses and group accommodations.
- The tenant is not permitted to play music or create a noise nuisance for other residents of the property and the holiday park.
- The rented premises will be deemed to have been made available to the tenant when the house keys are handed over.
- The lessor cannot be held liable for:
a. theft or damage to property belonging to the tenant
b. technical equipment or any Internet signal that may be present in the holiday accommodation dropping, failing to work or being switched off
c. any discomfort or nuisance caused by third parties that is beyond the control of the lessor.
Any such discomforts will not mean that the tenant is able to claim any refund on the rental fee.
- When paying the remaining amount, each tenant will pay a deposit of €100 (or €250 for the group accommodation) for each holiday accommodation unit that is rented; this deposit will be returned minus any outstanding items within 14 days after departure. In the event of the tenant having caused damage as defined in Article 5, the lessor reserves the right to retain the deposit paid by the tenant as an advance while waiting for the actual costs of the damages to be paid.
- In the event of the owner of the holiday accommodation withdrawing from the agreement after it has been made, the rental office is entitled to provide the tenant with replacement holiday accommodation that is equivalent in the judgement of the rental office). In such cases, the tenant will under no circumstances be able to make a legal claim against the rental office.
- The lessor is entitled to deem this contract to have been dissolved without requiring a notice of default or a ruling by a judge if:
a. the deposit sum is not paid by the time agreed above
b. the full rental sum is not paid by the start of the rental period
c. the tenant vacates the rented premises early
Notwithstanding the liability of the tenant to pay the full rental amount in the cases listed in points a, b and c, the lessor is required – in order to limit the damage that has been incurred – to attempt to rent out the premises to a third party for the period during which they are not occupied by the tenant.
- There will be no refunds on cancellation or if the premises are vacated early. If you so wish, you may make use of our cancellation fund; the fee for this is 5% of the rental sum. As long as an official declaration can be provided, the cancellation fund gives you the following cancellation cover:
a. in the event of death, and severe illness or severe accidental injury to the insured party, immediate or close family members or other members of the insured party's household
b. in the event of complications during pregnancy
The cancellation fund reimburses 100% of the rental sum paid up to that moment from the day participation starts (the day on which the deposit is received) until 14 days before arrival. If the situation is reported after that time, 80% of the rental sum paid up to that moment will be reimbursed. If the situation is reported after arrival, there is no cover for the period that has already elapsed. In cases where the premises are vacated early, 80% of the rental sum for the remaining full days of the rental period will be reimbursed.